Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ian Abrahamson
Regular MemberPosts: 320Gear list
Like?
Manual v Auto
7 months ago

I just like to pick the camera up and shoot. Obviously in auto. It works fine.

So i read all the yadda yadda that a real man would never use auto, he uses manual .

So i tried very hard to be accepted as a "real Man" and used manual. Very easy to use, you just turn the dial till you think the pic looks right. But when i do this i then take the same in auto and violla they look almost identical. So for me there is no point really.

But now i have discovered that with different light conditions you can improve your pic by tweaking it in M mode, playing around with some F stops and shutter speeds, you can make a boring pic look great.....so i am slowly becoming a "real man" . I suppose thats why the letter M is on the dial.

On the SX 50 i am now finding such a lot of new technical stuff in differnt dept on the camera, i would need a doctorate degree in how to use all of this successfully.

I really wonder who all uses all the features on the camera.

There must be some basic features people use all the time, sort of in their comfort zone.

Just a thought

Ian

-- hide signature --

Current power shot SX 50 HS
Nikon S9300
Power shot SX 270 HS
Power shot SX 110 IS
Fugi Finpix E 500

Ian Abrahamson's gear list:Ian Abrahamson's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS +1 more
Nikon Coolpix S9300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow