Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tomhongkong
Senior MemberPosts: 2,431
Like?
Using big lenses on Nex 7
7 months ago

I have only recently started to use a NEX 7 (which was bought very reasonably secondhand) and have been using it with native NEX lenses (I have a decent selection up to 55mm).  I still have a selection of better Alpha DSLR lenses and have just been trying them out via a dumb adaptor to get longer FLs. I must say that I have found it incredible easy to focus manually, and as a consequence will be using manual lenses more often.

I am worried, though, about using big lenses on the NEX7.  Even though I normally support the lens with my left hand, there are times when I find myself supporting the weight off the lens mount.  The biggest lens I would expect to use would be my 80-200G (which I prefer to 70-200, and it is a good bit smaller/lighter)  Has anyone any advice on using NEX with this lens attached? (I also find it very unbalanced and would be very interested in how you hold and handle it)

Incidentally I find that the 200/2.8G is much better to handle and that it, and the 135/2.8 produce really great images, and I am just learning to use them on NEX.  However I would like to keep the flexibility of the zoom if I can, I know that 80-200G is capable of producing images almost as good as 200G on my big Sony.

I suppose that the balance would be even worse if I use LA-EA2.  Any experience/comments?

thanks

tom

Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow