Got an X-T1 and 23mm f/1.4 today. My first Fuji. I'm impressed and disappointed at the same time.

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ryan2007
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,516Gear list
Like?
Re: Maybe it's because I was in very low light???
In reply to The Photo Ninja, 7 months ago

The Photo Ninja wrote:

Another thing that occurs to me, is that all of these pictures were shot in very low light at an average of ISO 6400. Perhaps that is why my focusing experience was less than optimal.

I would say the same photography principals apply.

If you need a f stop fixed at say F 4.0 then you have to mess with ISO. If ISO is getting too high, switch to manual exposure, use exposure compensation.

Point is and IMO Fuji X is the digital version of a manual film camera. For the heck of and with nothing to loose try shooting the Fuji X, like you would a film SLR.

Pick ISO for the scene at hand, slow the shutter speed and if you are concerned about DOF do not open the lens all the way, but bracket the exposure.

You still may need a mono-pod or table top tripod or even the cable release to help.

Nothing to loose because you are not paying for film and processing. It is just getting used to the way Fuji works and from what I have experience and again IMO, Fuji for me likes more manual input. After that go to the Auto setting to see whats what IMO.

ryan2007's gear list:ryan2007's gear list
Fujifilm X100S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow