Most of us are choosing less Megapixels but still hounded by MegaPixel Police!

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
AmbleYonder
Junior MemberPosts: 45
Like?
Re: Most of us are choosing less Megapixels but still hounded by MegaPixel Police!
In reply to phazelag, 7 months ago

your a bit sensitive, no one really cares how many pixels you use ,except a publisher that is, no fun to be rejected at the last minute for lack of pixels.

if there comes a time when you take your photography a little more seriously, for example high quality macro in the field handheld with a set up that still remains versatile for stalking, then you will really appreciate those extra pixels to play with.

i started off with 4.5mp creative compact, resizing in PS using the 110% method 6-7 times and then cropping heavily and i was still able to give a 6mp dslr with a dedicated macro lens a run for its money. but i do cringe now when i look back at those 10+ year old images in comparison to what i can achieve now with extra mega pixels

at the end of the day there your images and if your happy with them then that's all that matters

remember only other photographers (and publishers) pixel peep not Joe public.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow