Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Steve Rothman
Junior MemberPosts: 41
Like?
Fuji XT1 vs Oly OM1
10 months ago

I was about today to pull the trigger on the Fuji XT1, but compared it side-by-side with the OM1. I somewhat prefer the way the Oly feels in my hands and the layout of the controls. I find the EVFs to be about equally good. I'm about to have a first grand kid and want to get back into photography. I want to do natural light indoors and want to make fairly large prints (16 x 20 and perhaps a bit larger). I don't anticipate going beyond ISO 3200 and would prefer to use lower ISOs for better dynamic range. I will probably shoot with prime lenses.

I love the Fuji images. And I am mindful that the sensor is considerably larger than the Oly sensor. My question: given the kind of shooting I want to do and the resultant prints I want to make, do you all think there would be a substantive difference in the prints obtainable? If so, I will probably go with the Fuji. If not, the Oly.

Thanks to this list for such a value source of experience.

Steve

Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow