Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Michael L NYC 99
Contributing MemberPosts: 517Gear list
Like?
Re: Hawks and more
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, 5 months ago

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

yyr wrote:

1st and 3rd - nice composition and a bit different from what you usually see - I like them. 2nd birdie is a bit chopped IMO I would have liked to have seen more of him. Having said that you've captured him in a good pose and his face is appealing.

I was close enough that I could zoom all that way in with my 50-200 1.4 TC combination so I wanted to see what it would look like to get a shot like that which didn't require a crop.

I agree with Michael that these are not as sharp as you might want them to be. When I look at bird pictures (which I'll admit is not often) I am amazed by the detail and sharpness.that some people manage to capture.

They were taken hand held through a window. Do you (Michael, Anyone) think it was the hand held or the window that increased the dullness of my photos?

The park I went to was great for birds but the light left something to be desired. I will see if any are worth sharing after I run this through Lightroom at home.

At the moment, I am at my sister's house waiting for slow cooked barbequed ribs to finish on the grill and Au Gratin Potatoes to finish baking in the oven. Yum!

I suspect it's camera shake more than the glass barrier. I don't have an OMD, but I think IBIS still would have trouble when shooting a long focal length hand held. Try using a monopod or better, a tripod, and see if you get better results. You also shot at base ISO. You definitely have room to increase ISO for a faster shutter.

Regards

Michael

-- hide signature --

See my Flickr photostream here Michael.Lee.Pics.NYC

Michael L NYC 99's gear list:Michael L NYC 99's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow