Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mfouks
Regular MemberPosts: 339Gear list
Like?
Nikon DF versus Fuji XT1
7 months ago

I posted this same question on the Fuji forum so just wondering what Nikon users think?

I have a Nikon D800 and am looking for a lighter walk around camera for street/travel photography. I don't know anyone who has a Fuji camera but I have read great things about them. My camera dealer suggested that the new XT1 would be much better for a second camera than the Nikon DF since it will be lighter (with lighter lenses). My question is would the DF image quality be much better overall especially when using ISO's higher than 400 or 800.  I really don't want to compromise on IQ but I would appreciated the lighter weight. I don't really print larger than 22 * 17.  If I were to get the Nikon I would probably just use it with primes or perhaps the 24-120 lens.

As for price I'm thinking both would be about the same cost once I got a couple of lenses to go along with the Fuji.  I like the idea of 16 megapixels.  Of course I would keep the D800 for landscape/nature.  So I guess I am trying to decide if the advantage of the lower weight of the Fuji would be offset by image quality.

Thank you very much.

mfouks's gear list:mfouks's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon Df Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +4 more
Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D800 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
SlowNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow