choosing between X-T1 and Sony A7

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
deano7000
New MemberPosts: 1Gear list
Like?
Re: No good choice
In reply to David McGaughey, 10 months ago

I think you've hit the nail on the head.  I have Canon kit and I'm considering going mirrorless mostly to lose the weight/size.

The two challenges I see right now are:

• Lack of great flash system.

A lot of my bread and butter work is event stuff where I rely on the strobe.  I do some portrait stuff too with a modest amount of off-camera flash.  I have a Canon 600EX and a couple of 580s and I'm really happy with them.  I'm not yet convinced by the flash units on offer for either Sony or Fuji.

• The full-frame advantage.

I love to shoot at night, hand-held in natural light and my Canon 6D is great for that.  I can shoot at ISO6400 and get decent shots.  http://www.flickr.com/photos/deano7000/9560784077/in/set-72157635166261961

I haven't used the XT1 yet but I've handled other Fujis (XE-2 and X100s) and really like their approach.  I tried the a7 and it felt good.  The only thing that surprised me was how much noise/vibration the shutter seemed to make.

I think my preference is for the Fuji but I'm worried about losing the full-frame advantage at night.

Very interesting debate.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow