yyr
yyr
Senior MemberPosts: 3,323
Like?
Re: Public Space
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, 10 months ago

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

yyr wrote:

I showed this first last week in reply to a question from Florida but wanted to post it again as part of the set. Also, I'm really pleased with the composition on this one.

Being a landscape nature kind of guy it is very enlightening to see that neat stuff that can be extracted from the inside of a building if you look for things. I will be looking now. I can hear it now. We're going to the mall! Why are you taking your camera?

Start off by looking - use your eyes and try and frame the shot in your head or at least try and see the significant elements that you would incorporate. It's easy, you don't need the camera and its a good way of practicing even down the mall. When you've done that a bit and you have some idea of how you compose a shot - then take the camera and try it. 
I thought about getting the Pana 7-14 for a while before I actually bought it. I spent a lot of time looking at pictures at that focal length and trying to understand how they were composed and then translating that in the things I saw around me. I think the learning curve was much shorter as a consequence. Same if you want to try interiors. Look first, practice in your head, and only then introduce the added layer of complexity that the camera brings.

Off to the park to look at those ****** trees again 

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow