Mirrorless Spanked at 2014 World Press Photo Comp.

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
stevo23
Senior MemberPosts: 4,827Gear list
Like?
But...
In reply to PerL, 10 months ago

PerL wrote:

dinoSnake wrote:

Graham Hill wrote:

Bill Robb wrote:

Graham Hill wrote:

It means that none of the alleged advantages of mirrorless have even slightly trickled down to this specific group of serious photographers.

And is this supposed to be somehow significant? Really? It's significant that out of 55 photographers world wide, none are using a specific camera type?

Yes. Very.

Your world is a very, very tiny little place, isn't it?

Would it be fair to say that film has gone the way of the Dodo because a person could find a sampling of a handful of photographers who don't use film?

Yes. Very.

You enjoy your blissful ignorance, don't you?

Are you old enough to remember when 35mm cameras first arrived in a big way in the late 1950s, and the pros wouldn't touch them? Did you see how fast they were adopted by pros within the decade?

I invite you to track this particular group of people and come back in five years and report what sort of penetration mirrorless cameras have made in their very, very small niche market.

Ah, you mean like the pros who have switched ALREADY and are blogging about it? Like Reichmann, who used an EM-1 exclusively on the Antarctica trip?

Seems like it did not work out to well. Did you read about his experience regarding AF?

"People shooting beside me with Nikons and Canons were nailing focus of penguins porpoising and whales sounding, but I was left standing there with my lenses racking back and forth."

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/locations/michaels_antarctica_2014.shtml

I did and I think you need say a little more. These were older 4/3s lenses that were shelved for a few years because of lack of PDAF. He says they're some of the finest made from an optical standpoint. And they require PDAF which is now a new thing with the OM I suppose?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
noNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow