IQ is terrible with inexpensive nikon to fuji lens ADAPTER!

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,764Gear list
Like?
IQ is terrible with inexpensive nikon to fuji lens ADAPTER!
5 months ago

I am SOOOO disappointed!

I did not want to make the tittle "Rokinon 85 1.4 IQ is no good", because i know this lens, and it is an amazing lens, it worked perfectly fine with my previous D7000 and also my fuji S5 LOVES it!  The images come out really sharp and clear, but with the $15 dollar adapter i bought it is USELESS.  Pictures come out super blurry with no life.

So i know it has to do with using it WITH the cheap adapter i bought for the Xe1.  It sure is BEST not to use adapter for sure, and i am not planing in buying a good expensive one, because it is cheaper to just purchase the lens itself since it is so inexpensive, less than $300 dollars.

This really ruined my weekend, and now, UNFORTUNATELY, I might just have to go back to nikon so that i can take advantage of all my great lenses along with the S5.  I am not planing in buying those $1000 dollar fuji lenses for my X-E1, is jut not going to happen because i can't afford that kind of cash, and honestly i don't think they are worth it.  I never bought the nikon 85 1.4 or the sigma for that same reason, because the Rokinon is there instead.  Really, it is such a good lens!

I sure as hell am not going to sell my Fuji S5, so, i might just have to stick with nikon in the end.

Damn!  What a pickle!!

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow