### Weekly Garden&Flower ### 21 February 2014

Started 7 months ago | Photos thread
Rich Z
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,516Gear list
Like?
Re: Current blossoms
In reply to WhyNot, 7 months ago

Thank you. Yeah, it's sunny and nighttime temps staying around 40 F., so the flowers are setting buds early. The 14-150 is indeed versatile and almost as good as the Zuiko zooms, which is as good as zooms get. Until I can carry a bag again, the 14-150 is a great solution for walking about with minimum weight. The ZD 50mm macro and 1.4x teleconverter are small enough to fit in jacket pocket and are light. Nothing, and I mean nothing can beat the ZD 50mm macro. Wide open it is sharp and stopped down to f5.6 and smaller you have DOF to play with. I spent 30 years with a 58mm f1.4, an 85-205 f3.8 with 1.4x teleconverter, and a 28mm f3.5 and shot way too many weddings and other functions. Now, I have a large selection of four thirds lenses and I am in heaven. I miss carrying the wonderful ZD 150, ZD 7-14, ZD 50-200, ZD 14-54, and the ZD 8mm fish eye, but I'm healing and will be able to carry a bag in a few more months, I hope. It took a while to build up the collection, but it proves getting old ain't all bad. Rich

http://photobucket.com/dfr49_pix

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow