+*+*+*+ You and your m43 this week +*+*+*+

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 4,684Gear list
Like?
Re: Hawks and more
In reply to yyr, 8 months ago

yyr wrote:

1st and 3rd - nice composition and a bit different from what you usually see - I like them. 2nd birdie is a bit chopped IMO I would have liked to have seen more of him. Having said that you've captured him in a good pose and his face is appealing.

I was close enough that I could zoom all that way in with my 50-200 1.4 TC combination so I wanted to see what it would look like to get a shot like that which didn't require a crop.

I agree with Michael that these are not as sharp as you might want them to be. When I look at bird pictures (which I'll admit is not often) I am amazed by the detail and sharpness.that some people manage to capture.

They were taken hand held through a window. Do you (Michael, Anyone) think it was the hand held or the window that increased the dullness of my photos?

The park I went to was great for birds but the light left something to be desired. I will see if any are worth sharing after I run this through Lightroom at home.

At the moment, I am at my sister's house waiting for slow cooked barbequed ribs to finish on the grill and Au Gratin Potatoes to finish baking in the oven. Yum!

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow