Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Marketing Hyperbole
In reply to fishywisht, 6 months ago

fishywisht wrote:

crashpc wrote:

Guys, this is crazy. Don´t understand to this discussion.

These people kid themselves that others are reading their spats and forming judgments of who wins. The rest of us only form negative judgments on these people filling up the screen before we put them on Ignore.

You are not "us," you are just you. You don't speak for anyone else in this forum. If no one is harassing you and you simply put people "on ignore" then you are simply intolerant of other people expressing their views and opinions.

They don't even seem to be arguing about the newest sensor. Because they actually have no experience and have not even read a review of it

You just gave the answer to your first sentence in the second one. Why would you be expecting them to do something they obviously can't? That makes no sense.

Without applying advanced mathematics I can't help suspecting the new quattro sensor is a bit of a con.

You don't even have to do that. The new sensor simply will no longer be capturing each color at each pixel, which  is why I think Sigma is on dangerous ground with their new sensor. What has kept the current and previous cameras selling to dedicated Sigma buyers is the fact that the Foveon sensor was capturing all three colors at each pixel. Making the sensor more like a stacked Bayer sensor could alienate current Sigma camera owners.

Sigma seem to be addressing arguments over its resolution by providing high resolution in only one colour, blue. Seemingly an odd thing to do, especially if Bayer design reflects that we are more sensitive to green. Are Sigma more trying to emulate black & white film? We were advised to put uv filters on b&w because it was more sensitive to the blue end.

Perhaps Sigma's strangest mistake will be the non-interchangeable lens.

How is that a "mistake?" That's the only way you can maximize image quality. A mount makes things much more complicated.

If their sensor is so uniquely attractive, an enthusiast will soon find he has to buy three of them. It will be a bit pricey for a proprietary design with limited production scale.

It will likely continue to be the same price at around $1,000 American.

I think most people would welcome something new that adds something meaningful to the market, but I'm not sure a 5MP sensor with a perceptual fudge is it.

Where do you get "5MP sensor?"

I am concerned they are wasting r+d on something that will just be another curiosity at a fraction of its price on ebay in a few years time.

The current Sigmas are certainly not a "curiosity" to satisfied Sigma camera users.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow