XT-1 - not as impressed as everybody else.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
notgoodwithpowertools
New MemberPosts: 16Gear list
Like?
Re: XT-1 - not as impressed as everybody else.
In reply to JDHarris007, 5 months ago

JDHarris007 wrote:

The second thing I have noticed is the continuous autofocus never seems to lock or settle on something. If you point it at a stationary object, the focus will constantly shuffle back and forth between front focusing and rear focusing on the object. My Nikons will get into focus and then stop until the camera or object moves. It's not the end of the world, but it does make the continuous autofocus hard for me to use.

... This is exactly the behaviour with the X-E2 on Continuous Autofocus. You've summed up probably the one thing I don't like about the X-E2 hence Continuous Autofocus is one mode I avoid. I was really hopeful when the latest firmware was released and after having installed it, I actually think the shuffling is a lot better but it is still not really useable as it keeps searching even after a subject has settled.

Regards,

A

notgoodwithpowertools's gear list:notgoodwithpowertools's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Fujifilm X-E2 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow