Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bruce Oudekerk
Senior MemberPosts: 2,650Gear list
Like?
ephotozine review of the Sony E 18-105 f4 PZ G OSS
6 months ago

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/sony-e-18-105mm-f-4-pz-g-oss-lens-review-24056

This is the first 'real' review I have seen of the this lens. I call it the 'ghost lens' because its almost as though it doesn't exist. It was announced before, but essentially non-existent, at the Photo-Plus Expo in NYC last fall and only a few people have commented on their experiences with it.

Its an intriguing lens that was obviously designed for videographers but should be entirely usable by us still photographers if we are willing to ignore the zoom-by-wire and excessive geometric distortion. Actually we will not be able to ignore that distortion but there should be a limited variety of suitable solutions such as in-body JPeg correction, Adobe lens profile for ACR and LR and of course the potential for using PTLens.

I can't wait to get my hands on a functioning unit attached to the Nex7 or a6000.

There will be a lot of divergent opinions on this piece of glass, I'm sure.

Bruce

Sony a6000 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow