Most of us are choosing less Megapixels but still hounded by MegaPixel Police!

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
phazelag
Senior MemberPosts: 2,263Gear list
Like?
I agree, some of you are taking this the wrong way.
In reply to sportyaccordy, 8 months ago

sportyaccordy wrote:

phazelag wrote:

sportyaccordy wrote:

I dont see how bragging about choosing devices with less megapixels (which is essentially what you did in the first post) is any better than being a MP douchebag. You are the same but on the other side of the coin.

I guess you could see it as bragging. But many will see it as I do, we know the difference and our choice in cameras should confirm it to the megpixel police (that was the point of listing them, its not like I buy expensive cameras considering whats available), but they never care to look at that, they just jump right in with their scripture about diffraction and noise like we have never considered that, just because we mention it would be nice for example for a Megapixel boost when a company brings out a new camera with an older sensor. It would have been nicer to see a newer more modern sensor with even less noise than the old one, but also a few more MP's to work with in good light.

www.scottzinda.com
http://instagram.com/phazelag
http://motivationmachine.net/

Ummm, thats exactly what they do.

You can always turn the MPs down, and still get the benefit of the added resolution. Which makes the bragging about your camera's lower native resolution that little bit sillier. A 24 MP camera can prob be turned down to 6MP but still have the IQ of 24MP. A 6 MP camera is 6 MP with all the negatives of that.

I totally agree!

You guys are taking that all wrong.  I like mega pixels just a much as the next guy.  I am saying I get tired of being lecture for it.  And my point in listing those cameras is to point out to those ciritcs that many of us are not choosing more megapixels for the sake of megapixels.  I am guessing you are not in the market for the categories of camera I listed, because those are each one of the best in their class and among super zooms and bridge cameras it just so happens to be that less is more.  The Canon SX50, Panasonic FZ200 and Fuji XS-1 all have superior image quality to their 16mp counterparts.  My point is that some of us know that less can be more but we shouldn't be lectured because sometimes we think more is more and want more.

phazelag's gear list:phazelag's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh GR Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow