Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Nippero
Contributing MemberPosts: 663Gear list
Like?
Re: March dreary, April better
In reply to Steven Wandy, 8 months ago

Steven Wandy wrote:

local novice wrote:

Thanks for all the advice. Were your Brooklyn Bridge pics hand held? Have been to NYC a long time ago and took the standard bus tours. We are determined to explore by foot this time and have deliberately booked a hotel close to the Brooklyn Bridge to get early morning and evening pics. What do you think about safety on the bride and on the Brookyn end during these hours?

Should have no issues at those times. There are so many people either coming/going to work and walking across the bridge and add to that the visitors/photographers the problem is usually not getting jostled when you stop to shoot! I have done it a few times (sunset rather than sunrise - don't live near the bridge) and never had any issues. And yes, the light at either sunrise or sunset is sufficient to do handheld. Unless you want one of those shots of the cars moving along the bridge with the light blur, but then you can generally find something to lean on for support. These were from my last walk across the bridge a few years back. I could not stay much towards dusk as I had a meeting to get too. (Oh - the first shot was from another visit and the bridge was delicious!!!)

Agreed, I live on one side of the bridge and go to class on the other side (NYU Polytech).

Manhattan side is incredibly safe since its City Hall lol.

Brooklyn side used to be a bit "shady" looking but its generally safe as well since the area is becoming quite gentrified.

Nippero's gear list:Nippero's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow