Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SaltLakeGuy
Forum ProPosts: 10,577Gear list
Like?
Question for 23mm f1.4 owners (concern)
8 months ago

I just got my brand new 23mm f1.4 Fuji lens. It sure is a beauty. The question I have is this. I'm using it on a new X-T1. When I go to focus automatically with it, it does focus near instantly so that's not the issue. When I focus on a near than far subject of course it goes through it's range to focus for that half second. However when it does, it sounds like a huge element is moving, not a silent or near silent sound. The only way I could describe it is it sounds like  a medium sized boulder being moved across a surface. Not real smooth per se, but it is so fast that you don't hear it for long. I was just wondering if that series of elements is on a track which has to move a fair amount and since it is heavy perhaps it makes that sound. It in no way sounds quiet like the other lenses I have (the 2 zooms 18-55 and 55-200). If this isn't right I'll need to return it. But it works perfectly and reliably (for now). I was just surprised as I've not heard a lens sound like the elements quickly dragged across into focus. I'm used to them being suspended and silent.

SaltLakeGuy's gear list:SaltLakeGuy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow