Photography vs console video games: The better long term investment?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Mahmoud Mousef
Senior MemberPosts: 2,248
Like?
Re: Photography vs console video games: The better long term investment?
In reply to Cameranoobie, 6 months ago

Cameranoobie wrote:

Well I am in my mid 30s now and have noticed over the past 3 years that my priorities in life have changed and my interest in console gaming has significantly dropped.

Warning: you're getting old and boring

My game time, my interest, motivation, curiousity has slowly been on a decline over the years. Not saying that Im not into video games anymore, but some times people hit a certain part in their life when they have to evaluate their life and what to invest time into short and long term, what their goals are etc. The big question is, the long term benefits and pay offs.

Oh no, you did it; you mentioned the word 'productive'

Contrary to what you think, I think games gave you far more than just nothing, but you don't yet have the context to assess that part of your life yet. Of course our priorities change as we get older and maybe you have regrets but I think it's overly dismissive to say they gave you nothing. I bet they added value to your life, it's just that other priorities now are taking over. Maybe you are happier with more balance in your life now.

Speaking for myself, some of the best times I've had with others have been while gaming. Some of the greatest memories have been while playing GREAT multiplayer games. Stepping outside your world and into another world full of wonder and fantastic art and sound and testing the possibilities and constraints of that world...is wonderful.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow