Shaprness for Canon 135mm F2

Started Apr 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
JBurnett
Contributing MemberPosts: 671Gear list
Like?
Re: Front/Back Focus
In reply to NeverEnding, 8 months ago

NeverEnding wrote:

My autofocus is set to the back, where my thumb has easy access, and the shutter button functions for the sole purpose of "taking the shot" so I don't see how it would shift focus, unless I push the camera forward while focusing?

What I'm saying is that some individual lenses and camera bodies are out of tolerance for autofocus. So, despite what your viewfinder suggests, the actual focus is being set either in front of (front-focus), or behind (back-focus) where you wanted it. In these cases, it's not what you are doing, it's the camera/lens.

Here's an article: http://cameralightlens.com/newsblog/?p=264

Do a google search on "135L front-focus" and/or "135L back-focus". You're not alone.

With some camera bodies, auto-focus can be adjusted by the user to get better results, and it sounds as if you might have one. Adjustments should be done after rigorous testing (as suggested by the article), in order to know which way to adjust, and by how much.

-- hide signature --
 JBurnett's gear list:JBurnett's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow