Most of us are choosing less Megapixels but still hounded by MegaPixel Police!

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Pantyhose Bandit
Contributing MemberPosts: 659Gear list
Like?
Re: Most of us are choosing less Megapixels but still hounded by MegaPixel Police!
In reply to Oly Canikon, 8 months ago

Oly Canikon wrote:

Pantyhose Bandit wrote:

The difference between megapixels is so tiddly that it's not worth the time of day.

10 megapixels is better than 8 megapixels? I'm going to call baloney on that one. What is the actual difference? On a 2:3 ratio camera, 8 megapixels is 3456 x 2304 pixels. 10 megapixels is 3888 x 2592. This is a whole 344 pixels wider and a while 298 pixels taller.

And 12 is a tiny bit better than 10 and 14 is a tiny bit better than 12. But 24 is a lot better than 8. What happened? Your logic breaks down, that's what happened.

No. The logic is still good. Where is your 3k x 2k monitor?

Even at 300dpi, 8mp still produces a phenomenal 8x10. 300dpi is baloney anyway. 100 is fine.

As for the people that stick their noses right up against an 8x10 print trying to find a fault - they're going to find fault with water or air too. I don't particularly care for people that go looking for flaws.

I use 8mp and don't really see any cause to go bigger.

Pantyhose Bandit's gear list:Pantyhose Bandit's gear list
Leica S2 Leica APO-Summicron-M 50mm f/2 ASPH Brother MFC-J6910dw Echo One File Juicer Vertu Ti +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow