Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson
Contributing MemberPosts: 674Gear list
Like?
Open letter to Michael Reichmann, re. the GM1
10 months ago

I am hugely disappointed with you, MR, regarding your Panasonic GM1 review on Luminous Landscape.

(tried to log onto your LL site but got a lot of weird questions that I was not able to respond to, could not figure out what’s the square number to infinity... , but anyway....)

This is my message:

Based on your prior experience with cameras, you should have known – beforehand – that a camera without a viewfiender is useless in bright light... in the Southern Arctics ... all of them are .... in bright light... all of us know that?

So, you should not have based your entire review of the GM1 on that premises ...

Your review, Michael, is like coming to my country, Iceland with a Fiat 500, a car designed for the streets of Milan, and then feeling disappointed that it did not do so well in the Icelandic wilderness....

The 24mm lens did not capture the birds in flight?

You have done better ...

regards
from Iceland

Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson
not a professional photographer
just a guy interested

Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson's gear list:Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow