D600 / D610 - A camera for the masses

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
swestphotos
Regular MemberPosts: 108Gear list
Like?
Re: D600 / D610 - A camera for the masses
In reply to T O Shooter, 6 months ago

Sorry but, the D600/D610 isn't for the masses... maybe the majority of enthusiast photographers though.

Great camera, I absolutely love it. But you won't see them walking around unless you're in a room full of photographers. You'll see people shooting with their iphones more and a canon powershot or something.

I got it for the dynamic range and noise performance, the combination is almost magical to me. 2000$ was within reach but still hard for me to save up for.
I have some complaints about features, but I hope those will be resolved with a new release soon. The focus area, lack of PC port, no remote jack, the live view is horrible for refresh rate and doesn't show you the exposure. Live view is worthless basically... #1 complaint out of all. I miss live view more than anything else.
I wound up wasting money on a light meter because I have to guess at exposures since my camera won't show me what I'm shooting... what's the point of live view?? So angry about that, but the performance of the camera overcomes all that.

As for the arguing... I hate people who argue just to argue. There is no shortage of them on the internet. Don't bother talking to them...

swestphotos's gear list:swestphotos's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow