Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SteveNunez
Contributing MemberPosts: 504
Like?
New Fuji XT-1 or EM1?
5 months ago

Hey guys, I own quite a few m4/3 cameras and lenses but haven't been totally blown away by the still image quality aside from the good showing of the OMD EM5 I have. My Sony A99 and NEX7 shoot better stills (my opinion) but I like the small form factor of the OMD but don't like the control layout- hence the new interest in the EM1.........BUT......now Fuji has released the XT-1 which is garnering quite a buzz, is anyone considering any of these two cameras (EM1 & XT-1) ........what are your thoughts in comparing them?

(I know this is a m4/3 forum and there's likely going to be a bias in the direction of the OMD but wondering what other guys have thought about their comparisons.)

I've read both of the cameras have excellent viewfinders which is a nice plus for them both and the still IQ of both should be comparable..........would love to read what you guys think?

Since both cameras are almost identically priced I'n guessing a few others are considering these 3 cameras.

(I don't mind buying new lenses for the Fuji system- as I'd only need 3 or 4.)

~~Please no flame wars- just opinions on their comparisons which is already going to be difficult as the Fuji isn't on hand yet.~~

-- hide signature --

Steve Nunez~South Florida Artist
www.stevenunez.com
Oly EM5-OMD, Panasonic GH-3, G2, GF3, G5
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
XT-1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow