Most of us are choosing less Megapixels but still hounded by MegaPixel Police!

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
MediaArchivist
Senior MemberPosts: 1,141Gear list
Like?
Not me!
In reply to phazelag, 9 months ago

I'll take all the MP I can get/afford! I have enjoyed going from 5 to 11 to 24 MP (and I look forward to 36 or 54 MP within the next year). I have also felt the cost— in time to unload the photos onto my computer, hard drive space, CPU to work with the large RAW files, etc. It has been my choice and the compromises (to me) have been well worth it. I think the benefits of the extra resolution are reflected in the eventual output of my work, whether on screen or prints of any size.

If you don't think your workflow and output would benefit from a larger pixel count, you are probably correct. You know what compromises you are willing to make, and you know your workflow better than anyone else. But to suggest that your priorities and workflow choices are, by fiat, correct for everyone else is a little short sighted.

-- hide signature --

Want a roXplosion!?

MediaArchivist's gear list:MediaArchivist's gear list
Sony SLT-A99 Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF Sony 24mm F2 SSM Carl Zeiss Distagon T* Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow