Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
rhlpetrus
Forum ProPosts: 22,971Gear list
Like?
Re: Well,
In reply to T O Shooter, 6 months ago

T O Shooter wrote:

rhlpetrus wrote:

Masses in my dictionary should mean a very large group of people interested in photography.

Renato.

Feel free to start you're own thread with your parameters. I started this one with parimeters that I clarified as being for full frame Nikon purchasers. So within Nikon's current lineup of full frame bodies, I figured the D600 / D610 would be the one that appealed to the broadest spectrum. So what if I'm wrong. But do tell me which one of D3X, D4, Df, D800/e you feel has the broadest appeal to the most purchasers?? Go ahead. Or would you still prefer to argue over the "definition"?.

-- hide signature --

Photography - I do it for passion, not for a buck! It's just better that way.

D610 is selling below D800, according to Amazon. I'm not in the business of defining each camera's appeal or market, I just checked the figures from one relevant source. Nikon actually is looking pretty badvoverall in the ILC market, if Amazon is representative of overall sales, especially re FF market.nIt seems, from the split of cameras used by pj/documentary photogs that entered the World Press competition in 2013 (over 90 k entries), Nikon is doing very poorly, especially the latter models, like D800 and D4. D700 is still the Nikon most used by those people. Not rwlated to your post, but it indicates Nikon must rethink their strategies.

-- hide signature --

Renato.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhlpedrosa/
OnExposure member
http://www.onexposure.net/
Good shooting and good luck
(after Ed Murrow)

rhlpetrus's gear list:rhlpetrus's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow