How to Corrupt a Memory Card?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Adrian Van
Regular MemberPosts: 392Gear list
Like?
Re: How to Corrupt a Memory Card?
In reply to BassFisher, 8 months ago

Go with Sandisk Extreme cards, or top Lexar maybe. I usually only buy Sandisk Extreme.

As far as backing up images at the end of the day, try using small external hard drives at least, instead of backing up to a memory card. Card should be only for temporary transfer between computers maybe. But I would rather use a external drive or a USB stick maybe, now using a memory stick with USB3 from Lexar, but only for transfer of files. I always keep originals on at least 2 larger drives copied to both, before formatting the cards.

For some jobs, I will also back up back to data DVD as well. My work flow.

I keep in mind, that memory cards, especially SD cards, are for temporary use, or original capture. And regular formatting after heavy use, is always a good idea to keep cards working better, so files write better with less chance of error. Buying cheap cards can be a risk.

Adrian Van's gear list:Adrian Van's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Fujifilm X-M1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow