Does PhotoNinja suck or is it me?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
jm10
Contributing MemberPosts: 998Gear list
Like?
Re: Does PhotoNinja suck or is it me?
In reply to SaltLakeGuy, 5 months ago

SaltLakeGuy wrote:

I downloaded it last night in hot anticipation as it was billed as THE best (or at least one of the finest) ways to convert RAW images from the new X-T1. I downloaded the latest pre release version which added highlight recovery for the X series sensors and such. Well, I'm NOT impressed. Not only do the Jpeg images blow the RAW's away but I can NOT for the life of me remove the noise as it should or could be. It just doesn't take much out. It is as if I'm not seeing the results of what the program is doing. But I can see it's processing from the icon that moves above showing in progress processing. There is a ton more noise than in the Jpeg and it doesn't provide the kind of resolution and quality image I would expect from a competent converter. The RAW's coming out of Lightroom from my former EM1 was far superior, and I KNOW this can't be right. Anyone out there using this program tell me something is wrong and how to make it right?

I have attached the settings in the Noise panel. By default the Luminance NR is disabled. I get better results when it is enabled. You can try my settings and see if it makes a difference - they are good for daytime. For ISOs 3200 and above I am getting better results with the following settings:

25, 50, 50, 100

jacob

jm10's gear list:jm10's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow