Nikon D4 Assymetrical Problem Follow-up (February 2014)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
T O Shooter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,855Gear list
Like?
Sorry to say, sort of
In reply to surrephoto, 7 months ago

surrephoto wrote:

T O Shooter wrote:

surrephoto wrote:

T O Shooter wrote:

Yes it's time to walk away. If the D4 is within tolerances, you can sell it with a clear conscious. The problem is that AF has not evolved yet to the level you want. Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it. I shoot BIF. I'd like for the AF to lock on like radar, but unfortunately it hasn't evolved that far either.

Buy something else; D4S or the Canon equivalent.

-- hide signature --

Photography - I do it for passion, not for a buck! It's just better that way.

Heres the problem, the issue is that the camera is defective & does not reflect the true capabilities of the CAM3500 chip. I feel I am being maligned at several junctures for having a higher expectation than what people feel should be acceptable.

Thay may be and I feel your pain on this, but at this point you're kicking a dead horse. Let it go, suck up the loss, and buy a D4S.

-- hide signature --

I'm sorry to say this, but I will not suck up the loss & will not buy a D4S until Nikon replaces my D4 or fixes it.

I am planning to maintain my stance and continue to be persistent till the day they budge.

but at this point I'm ready to chip in to Nikon to pay THEIR legal fees.  At this point, you're just being utterly foolish. Is this never giving in a cultural thing, or just you???

-- hide signature --

T O Shooter's gear list:T O Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow