Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
swenpaylay
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Should I send my 6D in for HDMI repair?
5 months ago

Hi guys. I'm new to the forum. Just a question for you regarding my 6d and warranty repair.

I bought my 6d last summer and did some tethered shooting at parties. In one instance, a drunk girl tripped on my hdmi chord, yanking it from the camera. Since then, the port has been fairly loose. It works okay as long as it gets left alone and not jerked around much. It just seems like one of the teeth that hold it securely in place got broken.

I already called canon and set up a warranty repair. I know its technically damage and not a defect, but canon doesn't. I'm guessing they'll fix it under warranty. I told them the port was defective..which is arguable since it got damaged so easily.

Just wondering if you guys think its worth the time and money of sending it in?

I'm guessing shipping will be around $35. And I'll be without a camera for a week. Not a huge strain. No projects til next month.

I don't really use the HDMI that often, so thats why I wonder if I should even bother. But, i wouldn't want it to get worse down the road, especially if a video project comes up. And, I figured I might as well get it done while its under warranty. But then I wonder if they'll even repair it, or if repairing it will even make it better. Maybe I should just get a port saver and perhaps that will make it have a tighter hold of the cable?

I'm not familiar with dealing with Canon on warranty issues so thats why advice would be nice.

Chime in, and thanks in advance!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow