Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stevie Boy Blue
Contributing MemberPosts: 684
Like?
*FZ200 Makes Me Smile*
2 months ago

Last weekend afforded me the chance to seek out a few smiling faces amongst the folks gathering in a local park. Although I prefer photographing wildlife these days, a return to snapping away at people made a interesting change and brought with it a new test for my FZ200 and I.

Overall, the speed of focussing and the means to zoom via the lens barrel in preference to the usual toggle lever around the shutter release button make the 200 a very speedy machine indeed. With practice, lens barrel zooming is a valuable habit to form, for it helps users develop a faster response time that, in my experience at least, means opportunities for grabbing impromptu shots are rarely missed.

Note that I shoot only in the finest Jpeg format, and whilst I prefer not to post process images unless I have to, I do find that most FZ200 images require tweaking to some degree beyond the camera and despite my having settled on what I regard as the optimum for in-camera settings. Although I’d much prefer it if FZ200 Jpegs popped OOC a little cleaner and artefact/noise-free than they actually do, at least they’re good enough as a base from which enhancements can be added via extra software on the PC. Hence, as viewers may well expect, a little tweak or there’s been made to all examples above before they were resized and uploaded here.

Thanks to all in advance of viewing,

Regards and happy snapping,

Stevie Boy

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow