Do you think the 7D2 will be worth the wait for you?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ADW02
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Do you think the 7D2 will be worth the wait for you?
7 months ago

Canon Rumors is reporting a mild rumor that the 7D2 will be announced by Canon at the end of March. No one knows at this date, of course, how much substance there may be to this, but I believe that a 7D2 will be released sometime in 2014. If I'm right, once the specs are released each of us may ask himself if 1) purchasing it would be a significant step upward; 2) the APS-C model we now own will be sufficient for our needs, or 3) if this is the best in the crop sensor field that Canon can give us, we might now be better off going full frame.

For myself, increasing the sensor to just 20 mp or so isn't going to cut it, no matter how many other features would be included. If that's all there is going to be to the 7D2, I'll save up my money for another year or two and plan for the 5DMkIV.  For the 7D, my minimum expectation would be for 24 mp, better noise reduction, HDR bracketing, better video, and a bigger and brighter viewfinder.

If a potential purchase of the 7D2 may be in your future, what minimum specs will you be demanding. If the 7D2 doesn't deliver, will you consider just keeping the equipment you now have, switching brands, or going full frame?

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow