Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tim C.
Senior MemberPosts: 1,289Gear list
Like?
So far, the X-T1 is alright.
2 months ago

I received the X-T1 today, which is my fifth Fujifilm behind the X100/s, X-M1, and X-Pro1.

I won't comment about the image quality and autofocus, but my first impression about the ergonomics was somewhat mixed. I didn't know what to make of the 4-way button controller on the back of the camera. By far, the buttons were very recessed into the body than the previous X-series cameras.

If you've shot the X-Pro1 as your main camera, you will immediately notice the difference in feel and hands placement while handling the camera. The X-Pro1 is definitely heavier and better suited for larger hands. Coming from the X-Pro1/x100s/X-M1, I'm easily able to change the EV dial with just my thumb. With the X-T1's EV dial being a bit stiffer, I have to use my index finger and thumb--no biggie.

I like that I can change the shooting mode and exposure metering modes with using just my index finger from the front of the camera easily, which is a lot quicker than pressing several buttons on my other Fujifilm cameras.

So far, the response is good. Quick and snappy like the X100s. It will definitely compliment my X100s for some photojournalism work for the occasional weddings. My X-Pro1 will still in my bag mainly because I prefer the ease of pressing the bigger buttons on the back and the OVF. I also have to mention that the X-Pro1 does provide a better feel in balance with heavier lenses.

I'm not terribly enthusiastic about the camera since I can expect the same image quality I'm familiar with. Using the camera will take a period of adjustment, just as I have done with the previous Fujifilm cameras. Some folks will not be impressed at all, others will love it. I'm somewhat in between the two camps. To each their own.

Tim C.

http://500px.com/timjchong

Tim C.'s gear list:Tim C.'s gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D3S Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-M1 +13 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow