Veteran MemberPosts: 4,806Gear list
Like?
Re: Central Park Photography rules
In reply to jeffharris, 7 months ago

jeffharris wrote:

Steven Wandy wrote:

dinoSnake wrote:

That depends Attending an opera series and being generally friendly helps

2 - I doubt if you were able to walk into the Metropolitan Opera House (much less set up) a tripod - unless it was hidden in your pants and you walked very stiffly ;-). Possibly a very collapsible mono-pod or a small table tripod and set it up in the opening on the wall.

I carry my GX7 when I go the Met (Prince Igor tonight!), or Carnegie Hall, or other chamber or choral music concerts around town, with no problem. The NY Philharmonic are real sticklers about photography, so I hide my camera and use it anyway.

I do the same thing - though did not on our one trip to the Opera (not a real opera lover). Usually get away with some shots - but it more rock/folk/blues than classical music for me and the wife. Though might have a problem in the future as my m4/3 camera is now the EM10 and my P&S camera is the Stylus 1 and neither really look like P&S cameras. We shall see.

Steven Wandy's gear list:Steven Wandy's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow