XT-1 - not as impressed as everybody else.

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
LaFonte
Senior MemberPosts: 2,733Gear list
Like?
Re: Agree about the 4-way controller
In reply to nick_webster, 10 months ago

nick_webster wrote:

In fact I was just about to start a thread as nobody else seemed to have mentioned it

It is awkward for my not overly large thumb to operate. In fact I'm using my thumbnail as a work around to the problem.

Personally I'm not having problems with any of your other bug bears, but as a left eye dominant I'm used to my nose and/or other bits of my face coming into contact with various bits of camera body

Nick

Isn't the point of those expensive mechanical knobs to make adjusting the most common things with them rather than going to menu. Also for more exotic settings you can customize fn buttons.

Even in xpro1 I almost never go to menu, there is nothing extraordinary there I have to fiddle with. My camera is set to my preferred settings.

In fact I have opposite problem with my xa1. Sometimes I grab it and I hear beep, beep, beep when I touched some of the buttons by accident. Trust me it is a nightmare to figure out what was changed afterwards. The best is to lock the buttons anyway.

LaFonte's gear list:LaFonte's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow