D600 / D610 - A camera for the masses

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Ray Sachs
Senior MemberPosts: 9,341Gear list
Like?
Re: D600 / D610 - A camera for the masses
In reply to dantastical, 9 months ago

dantastical wrote:

I just want to say I have a D600 and love it, genuinely wouldnt swap it for any other Nikon, except the D3x possibly as I love the colours. I think you either buy a camera as a tool to try and take great photographs, or to compensate for the fact that you cant take great photographs, and I think some prominent posters are sadly in the latter category, and the 'status' you get from owning a particular camera. For me, status comes from the images you produce, and if anything making great images with a 'cheap' camera is even better!

Be careful with that logic. I've seen some amazing images done with iPhones. Not technically brilliant pixel peepable photographs but fantastic images that I'd be more than happy to have on my wall. And that makes any of us with larger sensor cameras look like we must be compensating for some pretty major insecurities. Too many m43 shooters feel this way about anyone who chooses a larger sensor. I shoot m43 too, but I don't feel that way.

Just choose the camera(s) that work for you. I'm currently leaning toward the D4 but might well go back to Fuji with the XT1. I wouldn't look down my nose at anyone that shoots with anything, whether it's a higher or lower level camera than the ones I have. There are good image makers and crummy image makers and everything in between and the cameras are nothing more than tools. And don't say anything more about the shooter than what tool he or she finds most useful for whatever combination of reasons...

-Ray
--------------------------------------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow