XT-1 - not as impressed as everybody else.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
SaltLakeGuy
Forum ProPosts: 10,080Gear list
Like?
Re: XT-1 - not as impressed as everybody else.
In reply to Bill Robb, 5 months ago

LOL no kidding. Ya mean Fuji had the gaul to build a imperfect device? How dare they! I'm coming from a EM1. I'll say this for the most part Olympus got that design pretty right as after all they had a lot of examples to practice on. Indeed it seems the recess of the D Pad on the X-T1 has ruffled a few feathers. I can however see the sense of it. Nobody will now complain they have triggered something by mistake.   I especially LOVE the one touch for 100% view of the shot taken. Sure saves time dialing up the magnification levels. I have NO issues with the dials as it seems my hands are perhaps similar to their test module used to design this thing. My nose doesn't get smashed up against the LCD either. All in all it just works. Even the shutter button, while different has not been an issue for me to adjust to. It was too easy to mistakenly take a shot with the EM1, not so on the T1. In truth the ONLY thing on this entire camera that kind of raised my eyebrows a tad was the SD card door. It is MUCH easier to operate which is good, but if you squeeze the side right on the door there is a tiny bit of flex. Not a big deal, just surprised me I guess. Ergonomically however I think they did a good job overall.

SaltLakeGuy's gear list:SaltLakeGuy's gear list
Sony a77 II Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow