Mirrorless Spanked at 2014 World Press Photo Comp.

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
fotolopithecus
Senior MemberPosts: 1,699Gear list
Like?
Re: Why are mirror-less fans nuts
In reply to Jack Hass, 10 months ago

Jack Hass wrote:

fotolopithecus wrote:

I can't help but have noticed for weeks now that the fans of mirror-less tend to be tedious.....actually crazy types. The question occurs, if they're so confident about the future of mirror-less why do they even care what anyone else thinks? Most of them sound like they want to shove mirror-less down everyone's throats.

One part honesty. Wanting to help those who might be better off with a mirrorless. not everybody NEEDS a DSLR, and for those who don't need the superior tracking, they might be better off with what mirrorless offers.

Two parts pride. Wanting to prove that we knew better and you were dumb. I firmly believe that anybody who thinks mirrorless won't eventually be the standard is being dumb. That should be fairly clear why we care.

Well I have nothing against Mirror-less in concept, but presently it does not equal a dslr to most photographers on these forums. In short, though it's getting better it's still not ready for prime time. When you add to that the lack of interest from most photographers it may be a concept just dropped for anything beyond point, and shoots.

fotolopithecus's gear list:fotolopithecus's gear list
Nikon D610 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
noNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow