Mirrorless Spanked at 2014 World Press Photo Comp.

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
fotolopithecus
Senior MemberPosts: 1,699Gear list
Like?
Re: Mirrorless Spanked at 2014 World Press Photo Comp.
In reply to enemjii, 7 months ago

enemjii wrote:

fotolopithecus wrote:

Heaven is for real wrote:

fotolopithecus wrote:

rj conklin wrote:

it really doesn't matter what the world press comp. thinks---mirrorless will replace mirrors like jets replaced propellers.

Jets replaced propellers because of improved speed, and performance. Mirrorless has yet to do that. Don't hold your breath.

You are late in the party...try reading news once a while...

Sony A6000 Mirrorless camera

"There's a brand-new 24.3-megapixel CMOS APS-C sensor paired with a BIONZ X processor at the core, enabling what Sony's calling the "world's fastest autofocus." We're talking lag of just 0.06 second, thanks to the 179 phase-detect and 25 contrast-detect AF points. You also get 11 fps continuous shooting with tracking AF."

I do read, and I was aware of the Sony, so don't be a wise guy. That's only one tiny metric, and not what I was talking about. I was saying that's why a jet replaced a propeller. The "speed" of a plane is a fundamental requirement of transportation. A minuscule increase in auto-focus speed is only one of many more fundamental things a camera needs to do. Bottom line, where are the consumers of mirrorless. They do not exist.

All the P&S compact cameras, phone users are users of mirrorless systems - Like me. When they graduate to a larger camera, they have no qualms of holding a camera with an EVF, unlike the dinosaurs who cannot come to grip about losing "the mirror". For crying out loud, what you see in the mirror IS NOT WHAT IS CAPTURED on a digital frame. when will these dinosaurs understand that?

Mirror-less isn't getting any traction, bottom line. The number of non "dinosaurs" is statistically insignificant, and will apparently remain so for the foreseeable future.

fotolopithecus's gear list:fotolopithecus's gear list
Nikon D610 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
noNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow