Overview of K-3 issues.

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Roadrunnerdeluxe
New MemberPosts: 17Gear list
Like?
Re: Overview of K-3 issues.
In reply to Cane, 8 months ago

Cane wrote:

Other than it making my photographer friends who bought a Canon 70D or such cry, there are no issues with it whatsoever.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/autobahn66/11800462405/

What were his reasons? I am thinking of actually switching out of Pentax to a 70d, mostly due to features important to me that pentax will never get on board with, mainly articulating screen, AF in video, real wifi, and touch screen, and usable live view AF. And as much as I love the da limiteds, I can't get around the noise of screw drive lenses. I am down to a k-01, which I love, but it's slow.

If you those functions are important to you, go with the 70D by all means. The one big feature would be the articulated screen which I have been wondering hasn't been implemented in DSLR some years ago, that's the one I wished the K3 would have.

It's the picture quality and character the K3 puts out, combined with the innovative filter on/off option, it's geared towards photography alone and as such makes much better photos than the 70D which tries to be a jack of all trades, in my opinion.

Roadrunnerdeluxe's gear list:Roadrunnerdeluxe's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II VC LD Aspherical (IF) Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HD Pentax DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow