EM5 outdated tech

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Sierra Dave
Regular MemberPosts: 449Gear list
Like?
Until there's something better, it's not outdated
In reply to Terry Breedlove, 10 months ago

Terry Breedlove wrote:

Problem is i can't see Oly updating the EM5 with wifi and focus peaking etc until they also have a new imaging chip to put in it. I don't see them doing that until the EM-1 has been out for sometime. Maybe a year or more. I do not want the EM-1 because i can get the same iq with the much cheaper EM-5 plus it is ugly. I don't want the EM-10 because of no weather sealing. Any thoughts on the future of the EM-5 update?

I don't see why Olympus waiting to update the E-M5 until they get a new sensor is a bad thing.  Introducing new revisions every 12 months with minor feature adjustments is a pretty wasteful way to go.

I certainly hope the E-M5 update includes a high quality 24MP sensor that supports an electronic shutter, plus various improvements we've seen to processing and EVFs as of late.  1/8000s, WiFi, etc. I couldn't care less about...

The best and only reasonable replacement for the E-M5 today is another E-M5.  Given how many people are selling theirs to 'upgrade', a secondhand one is a good bargain.

Sierra Dave's gear list:Sierra Dave's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow