X-Trans advantages - fact or fiction ?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Sal Baker
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,710Gear list
Like?
Re: Waiting for Mac OS update as well
In reply to nick_webster, 7 months ago

nick_webster wrote:

I have a spanking new X-T1 sat in front of me, but no way to process the RAWs yet

I refuse to use any other RAW converters because dealing with one set of software engineers' foibles is more than enough aggravation for me ( with the exception of SPP for my Sigma files as nothing else works, to my great regret )

What is that you see in your X-E2 files that you don't get from your Canon ?

Nick

No pattern shadow noise at low ISOs, generally less noise, very little shadow noise, much more range in recovering highlights and lifting shadows, better jpegs with much better WB, and more detail.  The 5DII has a strong low pass filter that smooths fine details which need more USM to look like the X-Trans detail with minimal sharpening.  AF is much more accurate with the outer AF points which cover much more of the frame than the 5DII outer AF points.  Plus, the X-E2 is an incredibly fun camera to use IMO.

Sal

Sal Baker's gear list:Sal Baker's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 350D Fujifilm X-E2 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow