Mirrorless Spanked at 2014 World Press Photo Comp.

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Jack Hass
Regular MemberPosts: 392Gear list
Like?
Re: Mirrorless Spanked at 2014 World Press Photo Comp.
In reply to JulesJ, 7 months ago

JulesJ wrote:

"There's a brand-new 24.3-megapixel CMOS APS-C sensor paired with a BIONZ X processor at the core, enabling what Sony's calling the "world's fastest autofocus." We're talking lag of just 0.06 second, thanks to the 179 phase-detect and 25 contrast-detect AF points. You also get 11 fps continuous shooting with tracking AF."

Wow, amazing. That must be so useful to you every day. It would be so useful for my landscape photography, those mountains move fast you know!

Totally agree. I think each person's needs determine what is best, at least for now while there is a contrast between the two camps. I personally do no sports so tracking is of little use. What i do love however is the fully electronic shutter of my GX7. Not only is the vibration completely gone (literally zero vibration), but i will get millions of shots out of my camera before the mechanical shutter needs replacement. I will likely burn through my 3 batteries before then.

Fantastic for bring the detail out in landscapes or portraits. Even macro benefits. In fact, anything that is greatly affected by internal vibrations, such as very long telephoto is improved. This of course is not innately linked to mirrorless, but until a DSLR allows E shutter during LV and OVF shooting, there is a very distinct advantage to using any one of several Panasonic MILC. My guess is there would be no point in allowing E shutter for most DSLRs as the mirror slap would smear out any potential gain.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
noNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow