Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
sean lancaster
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,473Gear list
Like?
Re: A6000 - losing touch
In reply to 120 to 35, 9 months ago

120 to 35 wrote:

Chad Hardy wrote:

To be honest I don't think the screen is big enough for touch, because people would expect them to drive menu selections as well.

Touch maybe on less expensive cameras, but come on, we should know how to focus with the ring people!

Just my humble opinion, I understand the reasons many like touch. I kind of think about it like the reason Apple hasn't released a larger iPhone. It doesn't make ergonomic sense.

Many people who use touch screen are experienced users, including pro photographers, who can use the camera in different ways but still prefer the touch screen for at least some types of shooting. You will find a few posts in this thread from users describing how they use it.

Chad, it's not just for shooting. After I take a shot, I can review the shot and zoom in instantly anywhere I touch to check focus/details. As it stands, I now zoom in and then use the little wheel button to move the area displayed on the screen; very cumbersome.

-- hide signature --
 sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow