G1X Mark II - What is with the screen??

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
phazelag
Senior MemberPosts: 2,136Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon sells a GPS logger.
In reply to howardroark, 6 months ago

The GP-E2 can be used a standalone GPS logger and the file can then be synchornized with photos using the Map Utility. Not exactly cheap, but a great solution if you have to have GPS data. With one AA battery logging every 5 seconds you have a day of logging. At every five minutes you get almost 4 days of logged GPS data. Put it in your pocket and go. No phone required.

Thanks for showing me that.  I think there could be a situation where that would be useful, but there are very places anymore when I dont carry a phone in my pocket and the eye-fi work flow doesnt require extra steps to sync the logger with the photos.  It all happens automatically.  But I do prefer the GPS coordinates be captured by the camera natively so I could have the option of using any card I want and also be able to use the images straight from my card to the computer that have not either been on my phone or been uploaded to eye-fi.  This would mainly be important for .raw files if I choose to use them. JPEGs are fast but .raw slows everything down.

phazelag's gear list:phazelag's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh GR Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 RX100 III +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow