Photography vs console video games: The better long term investment?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Morris Sullivan
Senior MemberPosts: 4,191
Like?
Re: Photography vs console video games: The better long term investment?
In reply to sportyaccordy, 5 months ago

sportyaccordy wrote:

Morris Sullivan wrote:

sportyaccordy wrote:

Both are terrible "investments". No camera or video game equipment ever appreciates in value.

The gear is not what appreciates, it's the photos that often do. If not monetarily, at least emotionally.

I think it all comes down to individual preferences. I like photography but I am just not the kind of person who will go out and take photos for the sake of taking photos. If I'm not going to an event I want to capture the camera stays home. But I do love video games, because for the cost of 5-6 track days in my car or on my bike, I can have a home rig that will let me "drive" pretty much any car I want on any car I want whenever I want for as long as I want. Does it rival the actual experience of driving? Obviously not completely, but it's been a close enough substitute to keep me interested for a while now.

Video games are great, but they are like much like alcohol. They can make an evening fun, but the next day you've got nothing more than memories. Neither are going to make a long term improvement in your life. Just short term fun.

Sometimes short term fun is all that's needed.

Totally agree.

Plus video games won't give you a hangover.

Neither will alcohol unless you overdo it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow