X-Trans advantages - fact or fiction ?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Dorkington
Regular MemberPosts: 355Gear list
Like?
Re: X-Trans advantages - fact or fiction ?
In reply to Len_Gee, 7 months ago

Len_Gee wrote:

Dorkington wrote:

For me, it's fact.

Lack of AA filter often results in moire, but the X-Trans CFA minimizes that in my experience. It still happens, but less than a bayer layout sans AA filter.

That being said, it does require you to use a non Adobe converter to really see that detail, as Adobe has chosen a bit of a sloppier algorithm.

Which non-Adobe converter do you use or recommend?

Thinking of acquiring XT1 kit and X100s as my travel cams.

Personally, I export a TIFF using Iridient for high detail work (such as landscapes), then use Adobe for final adjustments of that TIFF. And for everything else I do the whole process through Adobe (since it's good enough in those instances, and I like the tools presented).

I've also seen Capture One, Photo Ninja and even Fuji's own RAW converter eek out better details than Adobe's.

That all being said, Adobe is fine for a good portion of things I shoot, and the tools Adobe has in it's converter (ACR or LR) are top notch.

Dorkington's gear list:Dorkington's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow