X-Trans advantages - fact or fiction ?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Daniel Lauring
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,947Gear list
Like?
Re: X-Trans advantages - fact or fiction ?
In reply to nick_webster, 9 months ago

nick_webster wrote:

I used a NEX 5n and X-E1 the other day back to back and I have to say I didn't find any real difference between the RAWs proceeded via Aperture. Lack of AA filter is supposed to provide more detail - but I don't see any. It it weren't for the EXIF data I doubt if I could tell one from the other.

I don't shoot much that would show moire so can't fairly compare that aspect.

To be clear I find both excellent - if not identical in output

Has anyone else seen any differences compared with other 16MP APS sensors - in RAW, I'm not talking about each manufacturer's jpg engines.

Not trying to stir up hard feelings, I'm genuinely curious. It might be that Aperture isn't best optimised for Fuji's RAWs, but then the same may also be said for it's renderings of Sony's cameras

Nick

With the availability of the X-A1, which uses a Bayer array, there has been the ability to do direct comparisons.  The result's shown in extensive testing is that the differences are very small.  The concept makes sense, from a Physics standpoint, but the reality is something considerably less dramatic.

X-A1 vs. X-M1 shootout.

Daniel Lauring's gear list:Daniel Lauring's gear list
Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow