Adjusting Shutter on Df

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
benjaminblack
Regular MemberPosts: 479Gear list
Like?
Re: Adjusting Shutter on Df
In reply to Hugo First, 5 months ago

Hugo First wrote:

going in, i wasn't sure how i'd adapt to the Df's top deck knobs. not coming from an SLR background, it wasn't a case of muscle memory or anything else -- it was kind of a new thing.

in my case, i always shoot in M, and reverse the control wheels, so my aperture is on the back control wheel. the front wheel is okay -- not as hinky as it might seem, but i found myself using the SS knob on top most of the time.

it only locks if you shift to the 1/3 stop setting; then you need to unlock. with auto ISO enabled, the full-stop interval between shutter speeds doesn't really mess with me too much -- and, of course, i can make changes without taking my eye off the viewfinder (seems to be everyone's hangup). if the interval isn't exactly right, i can just adjust aperture a third of a stop by the wheel and just keep going.

what they say about the Df's files SOOC is true. not only are they frequently spot-on right off the muscle, but the smaller file size makes any edits really quick in (my preferred editor) Capture NX2.

i'm still in love with my D800, but with a teeny lens like the 50/2 AI, the Df is a great hit-and-run camera. i'm having great fun with it.

Ha! I always reverse my dials too. I thought I was the only one that does that

Thanks guys, I didn't know there was a dial on the front too. Since I only shoot in manual, the Df might actually be quicker for me, since the ISO knob is pretty slick. On the D800 you have to manage two buttons to adjust the ISO.

benjaminblack's gear list:benjaminblack's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow